We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both!
- Justice Louis Brandeis
This video (HERE) and the statistics on economic inequality on page 2 are overwhelming. Our governments at the state and national levels are not working for We the People.
This page looks at what should be done to create a more equal economic playing field. This article discusses why rules of the game are needed in our economic system as they are in sports.
Here are some resources on rules of the game for our economic system:
* Runaway Inequality: An Activist’s Guide To Economic Justice - HERE!
* Rewriting the Rules of the American Economy by Joseph Stiglitz (2015) HERE and HERE!
* Infographics - Tax Wealth Like Work - HERE!
* Website - United for A Fair Economy - HERE!
* Website - Americans for Tax Fairness - HERE! Issues page - HERE!
* Website - Institute for Policy Studies - HERE!
* Website - Wealth Inequality - HERE!
* Campaigns to reduce inequality at Inequality.org - HERE!
* Article - Tax Wealth Like Work - HERE! Infographic - HERE!